Friday, December 17, 2010

I get to meet Lewis Black

Made my week, just as I am sure that meeting me made his. Again, I can't say enough about how gracious they all were to us. And this was an additional show that they had not signed up for, wedged into a little space before their departure from Afghanistan (they flew in from Kandahar just this morning before the show). They could have said no, but they didn't. They stepped up to the plate and made a lot of people happy.

The USO did a great job. It wouldn't hurt to throw a little donation their way this holiday season. Between getting these folks over here (the funding goes toward transportation; the entertainers volunteer their time) and putting together gift packages and staffing reception rooms at a myriad of airports for troops coming and going, the USO - and guys like Lewis - are doing the Lord's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment